- Take nausea meds around the clock every 6 hours. For the first two days.
- Sip very slowly only clear liquids.
- Stop anything that makes you nauseated like medicines or food until your nausea is under control.
- Pain Medication can cause nausea especially on empty stomach so limit pain meds.
- Are you nauseated?
- Take nausea meds
- Maybe you are drinking too much or too fast?
- Slow down. Sip slowly. Only clear liquids.
- Goal is to stay hydrated. Drink up to 8 glasses of fluids daily.
- If unable to keep fluids down, may need home IV.
- Limit pain medicine as this can cause nausea and constipation.
- Walking will help with discomfort from trapped gas.
- Make sure that you are hydrating well
- Drink enough fluids-water.
- May take a stool softener
- Check Blood Pressure
- If low, hold blood pressure medicine and see primary MD
- Check Blood Sugar
- If low hold diabetes meds and see primary MD or Endocrinologist
- Remove Scopolamine patch. Wash your hands, and the area with soapy water.